Monday 15 June 2015

Tsega Zigni (by G)

Meat, meat, meat, meat; meat, meat, meat, meat; meat, meat, meat, meat... I could go on.  While Biggs' vegetarian dish yesterday was excellent I was in the mood for some meat - and as I had just recently picked up some berbere spice I decided to use that also.

This was an easy dish to make. Brown off some cube of beef, add onion (I also added shallot) and garlic and berbere then fry for a little bit - add a tin of tomatoes and some stock then simmer for a couple of hours.  In the last 15 minutes I added some chopped coriander then served it up with a little (let's be honest) rustically chopped coriander.

Typically this would be made with injera bread, but it takes a couple of days to make and I could not find any ready made stuff - so I served it with some roti paratha from a packet.

I tasted the dish at the beginning and part was through and it did not seem promising. When I tasted it near the end I knew it was going to be a winner - easy to make with great flavour. The paratha was a pretty good match as well.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I am horrendously unwell so could unfortunately only take three bites of this before passing out. It sure looked tasty though.