Tuesday 20 October 2015

Chicken Parmie (by Biggs)

I know Chicken Parmie has been featured a few times on the blog, especially since a lot of my work is now based in regional Queensland, but, this particular Chicken Parmie saved the day.

Anita generously gave me a lift from Hervey Bay to Bundaberg this evening so I wanted to buy her dinner. We were struggling to think of anything beyond Sizzler for dinner but really couldn't bring ourselves to do it. Then Anita remembered a fish and chip shop her Mum has spoken highly of. It turns out it was just a lovely kilometer walk along the waterfront from my hotel. I was blown away when we approached the cafe. It was stunning - an house with a huge verandah overlooking a rolling hill down to the river, the water sparkling in a bright orange sunset. Just stunning. Then instant horror - not open on a Tuesday night. It would have been a perfect dinner date!

I down-spiraled into deep despair and we accepted we were probably off to Sizzler. But, eagle-eyed Nita spied a promising sign across the road from my hotel spruiking cheap Tuesday parmies. IN!

I've had a large number of parmies in my time and this one was particularly good - nice toppings, not too many chips and a delightfully herby salad.


No comments: