Thursday 1 October 2015

Chicken Stuffed with Green Chorizo (by G)

I had saved some green chorizo from the last tortilla Tuesday to use in a dinner-for-a-single-person while Biggs was away - unfortunately she refused to go away so I utilised it in this dinner instead.

The chorizo was stuffed into a couple of chicken breasts then the chicken breasts were oven roasted. I had the idea to wrap the chicken in raw pork rind to keep it moist while it cooked - I can tell you, that was a good idea. Apart from keeping the chicken moist it made for a nice crispy dessert. It turns out that pig skin is actually just non-shiny organic alfoil that even people with fillings can eat.

For sides I made fried potatoes with bacon and garlic and charred up a couple of spring onions. Dinner was a winner. It rhymes because it's true.


2 comments:

Biggs said...

Good effort, good use of leftovers. The potato hash was great and I'm a big fan of fried shallots.

Biggs said...

Oh, and I never thought I'd say this but there was a bit too much crackle. And I'm not quite sure how G located this much crackle on a chicken.