Monday 12 October 2015

Lasagne (by Biggs)

I tell you what, regional hospitality is pretty terrific. I'm in Mackay for work and the reception staff at the hotel were very concerned about me getting feed. Their restaurant is closed on Mondays, I wasn't finishing work until late and they let me know the only thing open that late for dinner in the area would be the Golden Arches.

I wasn't too worried but they were very, very worried and went to the lengths of moving me to a room with a microwave, then going out and picking me up dinner in the evening to leave in my fridge for me to heat up when I eventually finished work. Seriously, that's a thing that they did. Incredible.

The lasagna however was not incredible but I ate it all up out of gratitude if nothing else. The mini-bar beer option was of course XXXX Gold which I wouldn't normally dabble in but I drank it all up out of gratitude too.

These people deserve a one million dollar pay rise.

No comments: