Sunday 18 October 2015

Golden Chicken (by Biggs)

Last time I was in Hervey Bay I said on the blog:

"This isn't Golden Chicken! I'm very disappointed that this isn't Golden Chicken. I swore next time I went to Hervey Bay I would have Golden Chicken. What's Golden Chicken you may ask? Golden Chicken is an amazing take away chain shop, if three stores make a chain that is. G and I went through a significant stage of spending our days eating Golden Chicken and playing mini-golf. I have no idea how we had time to do this or money to support such a lifestyle but it was a good time. They had excellent little chicken wings and when you ordered 8 they would give you about 20. I was in Hervey Bay for work today so was very much looking forward to re-living the glory days. Alas my wish was not fulfilled."

Well, I was once again in Hervey Bay for work today so was very much looking forward to re-living the glory days and, with Anita's help - my wish was well and truly fulfilled. It was as amazing as I remembered. Anita was particularly taken with Golden Chicken - the drive thru, the unique architecture of the building, she even wanted to take photos of me out front....which I rightly refused. Golden Chicken should be kept a private pleasure.

No comments: