Wednesday 21 October 2015

Cheap Chinese (by Biggs)

I had a craving for cheap Chinese tonight and fortunately Bundaberg had plenty on offer. I could choose from New China Dragon, Eastern Dragon or, of course, New Eastern Pearl....amongst others. I went with the one closest to the hotel which was....ummm, definitely one of these, or one of the others.

Oh man, I didn't realise how much I had missed small country town Chinese restaurants. Stodgy tasteless smorgesboard hazzar! I got all of the things - deep fried pork, chicken, calamari, fried rice, beef and black bean, spicy pork chop, dim sims, omlette....all of the things. Soooo good and soooo bad all at the same time. But, mainly good.

I was gifted a fortune cookie upon purchasing dinner: "Happiness will always follow you". I guess it's just never caught up.

No comments: