Thursday 22 October 2015

Too Much Authentic American Food (by G)

I decided to try some authentic southern food while I was in the south of North America. The difficulty I find when dining alone is that I want to try a bunch of things and always end up ordering too much food - then eating it all. This is what I did on this occasion. Wings followed by ribs.

The wings were okay, not the best I've had. They were spicy and molasses-ey and incredibly messy to eat. I used up a ton on napkins and a refresher towel and still ended up covered in wing sauce. It must have been an obscene thing to see for the other diners.

The ribs were a disappointment, fatty and bland. The sides were the highlight on that plate. Mac 'n' Cheese, jalapeno creamed spinach and coleslaw - which was refreshing after all the meat and fat.


No comments: