Thursday 29 October 2015

Chicken Enchiladas in Mole Sauce (by G)


Much as I’ve been enjoying the tacos and tortas and such from the street carts of Mexico city I decided it was time to branch out and try something else. I’m sure there is a cart out there somewhere that has enchiladas in mole sauce I haven’t found it so I stepped into a small restaurant for my evening meal.

The place had a set menu of soup, pasta or rice and a main. The soup was great, a light chicken flavour with rice, carrot and zucchini – with a squeeze of lime.  The pasta was nothing, like a pasta salad you would get from a supermarket.  The enchiladas were not to my liking – it looked as if they had been plated up earlier in the day and reheated before serving. The mole was bland and watery. In all I think it was not a great representation of what this dish could be.  At nearly nine Australian dollars (including a beer) this is one of the most expensive meals I’ve had in Mexico so far, but at that price it is hard to complain.
 


 

No comments: