Wednesday 21 October 2015

Cubano (by G)

I anticipated that after flying from Brisbane to Austin and being awake for nearly 30 hours I would not be in much of a mood to hunt around for dinner so I did my research in advance and found the closest acceptable place to eat dinner near where I was staying. The place in question is a bar that serves food. The place was exceptionally busy for a Wednesday night so I took a seat at the bar, drank a few beers and ordered a cubano and a jalapeno pickled egg.

The cubano was good, much what I expected - beef, ham, cheese and pickles. The beef patty was cooked to medium which was refreshing. I like that menus in the United States warn you of the risks of eating raw or undercooked meats rather than just banning them. The egg was awesome, a little spicy with an enormous yolk - the yolk is the best part of the egg.

No comments: