Friday 2 October 2015

Rice Noodle Salad (by Biggs)

Boy, I'm happy that no one reads the blog because if my friend Bonnie reads this she'll probably wonder what I'm doing in Brisbane. For months I've been planning to go out to meet her puppy Sabi but every time we've had to cancel for one reason or another.

We thought we had it 100% totally locked in this week - 6th time lucky. But, then I was asked to work in Canberra today. A quick reshuffling of my social activities (Sorry again Sabi!) and the tickets were booked. On my way to the airport, things changed again and my Canberra trip was postponed by a week. It was all too hard to un-reschedule everything so tonight, I just came home.

Right, now that I've presented my excuse for bailing on Sabi, what did I make for dinner? A prawn rice noodle salad. Rice noodles, cucumber, carrot, chili, coriander, mint, Thai basil, shallots, prawns and some thin beef strips. I doused it all with some pre-made nuoc cham and sprinkled it with fried shallots.

It was meant to be 'fresh and delicious'.....tasted more like 'mess and nutritious'. Oh well, we've been fed.

No comments: