Friday 20 September 2013

Frozen Fish and Coleslaw (by Biggs)

After work I headed to meet some ladies at The Loft in West End to celebrate our friend's engagement. When I heard we were going to The Loft I immediately decided I was going to have the pulled pork sliders I've seen on their menu as an afternoon snack / dinner. Alas, when I got there I was too caught up chatting with friends and completely forgot about the sliders....blasphemy.

Instead I stopped by the supermarket to pick up something easy for dinner. Unfortunately I had already confirmed with G that I wouldn't need feeding this evening.....mistake.

Last weekend Kirsten was discussing the pros and cons of various frozen fish fillet brands and it reminded me that back in the summer of 2000ish I lived off frozen fish fillets and loved it. So, dinner was decided. One packet of frozen fish fillets and one packet of supermarket coleslaw. It was fine. The dijonnaise helped.

I shudder to think what horrors go on in both the frozen fish fillet factory and the packet coleslaw factory so usually just try to avoid thinking about it at all.

Alas, curiosity got the better of me on this occasion. According to the packet the frozen fish fillets are "made with 100% fish fillets" but the ingredient list suggests otherwise with "51% fish fillets". The packet does state in bold that it "contains fish and wheat" so I definitely had fish for dinner regardless of what some of you may think.

No comments: