Sunday 8 September 2013

Roast Pork Rolls (by G)

A lazy Sunday afternoon with plans to have a few drinks by the river so I thought I'd get in early on preparing dinner - alcohol is a de-motivator so I knew I may not feel like making anything afterwards.

I seasoned up a small pork roast and chucked it into a hot oven with a couple of potatoes and pieces of sweet potato.  When we got home I reheated the pork and veg (had to put it under the grill at the end to get the crackle to crackle) and fried off some onions.

Mashed veg and sliced pork was added to some packet gravy and stuffed into the softest, whitest rolls I could find and then topped with fried onion.

It was not bad, considering the lack of effort. I could have done with more pork and less vegetables.



1 comment:

Biggs said...

I agree. I was promised roast pork rolls but got tricked into eating vegetables on Sunday. In saying that the rolls were pretty awesome. The potatoes tasted like they'd been cooked in a bonfire. Perhaps they were.