Saturday 7 September 2013

Spicy Pork Noodles (by G)

Biggs is off baby-sitting tonight (which is wrong on so many levels) so I felt free to experiment a little.  I decided to use the leftover pork from last night. Originally I was going to try for a caramel pork kind of deal - in the past I have had chicken wings marinaded in an equal mix of sugar and fish sauce and, though it was very rich, I decided to use that as a starting point.

To the fish sauce/sugar mix I added lemon grass, fresh chilli, mirin, minced garlic, coriander root and soy. That mix was not quite right so I added some tamarind paste. It still wan't quite right so I decided to uncap the 'fuck-off-hot-do-not-touch-homemade-chilli-sauce'. This turned out to be a slight mistake.

The flavours were good, but the heat level was astronomical. It's the first time I've cried since Amanda Peet was married.


No comments: