Monday 23 September 2013

Vegetable Quiche and Salad (by G)

Real men don't make quiches... I did, so make what you will of that. The reason for making quiche was to try and use up some of the leftover vegetables we had. Turns out you have to buy vegetables to use vegetables.

Of the vegetables we already had I used, asparagus, potato, carrot, half a brown onion, a zucchini and a brussel sprout (along with radishes and tomatoes in the salad). I bought a white onion, pumpkin (and for the salad - mixed salad leaves and cucumber).

To make the quiche I slowly sweated off some onions with bacon, shredded brussel sprout and grated zucchini and added that to oven roasted pumpkin, potato and carrot seasoned with cumin and garlic powder. To bind I just mixed some egg, cream and Parmesan cheese.  I forgot to buy pre-made pastry from the supermarket, so I remade the same dough as last nights Monti which I just happened to have remembered.

All in all it worked out pretty well - a very manly flavour.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

After this dinner I may just live to see this week through. I love a good quiche but to be honest they never taste like much but tonight's was actually very flavourful.