Wednesday 18 September 2013

Squid Ink Pasta with Chorizo (by G)

I got some squid ink pasta the other day - I've never had that before.

Originally it was supposed to be a simple meal of pasta, chorizo, garlic, basil and tomatoes - then I thought I should add mushrooms for volume so I added some oyster ones, and we had some leftover onion and garlic salsa and coriander sauce from yesterday so I added those as well.  I think this was a good move because the chili added a nice kick. Actually, I accidentally forgot about the garlic while I was cutting the mushrooms and somehow a whole clove got cut in half and added to the pan so we each got a large chunk of virtually raw garlic on the plate (see bottom of photo below).

The squid ink reeked while the pasta was cooking, fortunately the smell wasn't reflected in the flavour.  This was a pretty good meal - the chorizo could have been cooked a little more... I burned the chroizo last time I cooked it so I got a bit fry-shy.

1 comment:

Tortilla Tuesday said...

Classic good flavours - chili, garlic, onion, chorizo. Happy. Particularly happy that G matched dinner to this evening's Iron Chef theme....sort of.