Monday 30 September 2013

Re-purposed Indian (by G)

We had some Indian food left over from Thursday so, in the interests of not wasting food, I decided to re-purpose it.  As anyone knows, puff pastry is the friend of the lazy leftover re-purposer. I de-meated the chicken wings and folded it into pastry to make pasties. I mashed the potatoes and added an egg to make a kind of potato cake. For the pies I just cut down the lamb chunks into littler lamb chunks and stuck them into the pie maker with some more pastry.

The potato cake was really, really dry and not very flavourful. The pie and the pastie tasted just like the filling but with a hint of puff pastry.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Yep - what G said.

I liked the pastie probably because I liked the Bhuna Murgh, I liked the pie probably because I liked the Mutton Kari. The potato cake was really really dry.

Impressive re-purposing all the same.