Monday 9 September 2013

Teriyaki Chicken and Miso Prawns (by G)

I was originally going to just do teriyaki chicken for dinner to use up the chicken we didn't have the other night, but it didn't seem like enough so I went out and got some prawns as well.

The salad was a mix of some leftover bag coleslaw with some radish, snowpeas and red capsicum dressed with a vinegar, ginger, garlic, sugar and salt dressing.

Both the proteins were fried off first then I added the sauce at the last minute. For the prawns the sauce was miso, oil, ginger, garlic and brown sugar then fried garlic sprinkled on top - for the chicken, soy, brown sugar, sake, mirin and a dash of water then topped with sesame seeds.

Oh, and we had some left over enoki mushrooms so I fried them off as well.

I set the smoke alarm off while cooking the chicken - I wouldn't say the result was good enough to risk burning down the house for, it was pretty good though.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Yeah - this was super tasty. Every bit of it. Tasty proteins, spicy salad, super savoury and delicious mushrooms.

I licked my plate.