Sunday 15 September 2013

Lamb Shanks with Kale (by G)

Being Spring I thought it was time to start ingesting some baby sheep and, as I bought some kale the other day, I thought lamb with kale would be appropriate.

The shanks were seasoned with salt and pepper and browned off, then added to sauteed onions, garlic, carrot, potato, crushed tomato, vegetable stock, red wine, bay leaves, desiccated rosemary from the cupboard and kale and cooked low and slow for about 4 hours.

I reserved some of the raw kale to fry to use as garnish - the plan was to get it crispy to add some texture but it got a bit vigorous and spat oil at me so I bailed out before it got fully crunchy.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I did myself some alcohol induced brain damage over the weekend so was really in the mood for a wholesome meal.

Dinner was meaty, earthy and made me feel a bit more human.

I don't know if I've had kale before - it was swell.