Monday 16 September 2013

Salmon and Watercress Mayonnaise (by G)

I bought watercress at the market the other day and decided today was the day to use it before it melted to sludge. Reviewing online recipes for watercress there turned out to be not many things I'd actually want to eat that included watercress so I went with watercress mayonnaise with salmon.

Potatoes are a classic pairing with salmon so I boiled some kipfler chunks and mixed through some roasted garlic and parsley. I also wanted sweet potato chips but they just turned out to be cumin flavoured soggy disks of sweet potato.  Asparagus is in season (probably... at least it's less prohibitively expensive then is usually is). The asparagus was quickly fried off and served on a square of iberico ham.

The mayonnaise was supposed to be hand made but when I went to hand make it I discovered that we have run out of eggs so I just mixed some dijon mustard, chardonnay vinegar and chopped watercress through some of the poisonous no-name brand of mayonnaise.

All in all it was a pretty good dinner - who says you shouldn't have two starches on one plate?

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I'm going to go ahead and pretend this dinner was healthy. I know for a fact it was tasty.

Watercress good. Salmon good. Potatoes (various) good.