Tuesday 1 October 2013

Classic Chicken Tortillas with Guacamole (by G)

I thought I would return to basics today. The chicken was coated in salt, white pepper, cumin powder and paprika then browned up in a pan - chicken stock and tinned tomatoes were added, then the whole lot was simmered for a couple of hours.

The guacamole consists of mashed avocado, diced red onion, coriander stems, minced ginger and lime juice.

Back to a full 100% flour tortilla, unfortunately I got the consistency of the tortilla dough a bit wrong - it was too watery and the end product was somewhat rubbery. Just goes to show that no matter how many times you make tortillas they can still come back and bite you in the ass... not literally - in fact you could say I bit them in the ass... though I don't think tortillas have asses... I ate them, they were okay, though they could have been better.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Pish posh. This was awesome. Classic Tortillas....very satisfying. I particularly liked the mantequilla de pobre (poor-man's butter).

Meanwhile, when I was researching if tortillas have arses I discovered this:

http://fuckingrecipes.tumblr.com/

I don't know what it is exactly.