Thursday 3 October 2013

The Vietnamese Restaurant (by Biggs)

Tonight I met my friend Red for after-work beers. After a bunch of them we decided we were ready for some dinner and being close to Chinatown decided to head there. The Vietnamese Restaurant is a favourite of mine so instincts lead me to their front door. 

I first started going here when I heard that it was owned by Regurgitator Quan's Mum. I've since learnt that that's actually Green Papaya but every time I remember the error in my ways Wooloongabba seems a long way away and I really do love this place so I stick with it. 

Red and I made an agreement to order big and big ordering we did. Entree was salt and pepper quail (my absolute favourite), steamed dim sims and pork stuffed chicken wings (not as exciting as you'd think)



For mains we ordered crispy duck and pork with vegetables and crispy noodles. The crispy duck pretty well blew my mind. I don't know what they did but it was pretty magic. My guess is it involved a light dusting of corn flour and a deep-fryer.



I declined an after dinner whiskey. I think this was a miscalculation. Idiot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes yes yes. Quail, duck, + my all time favourite steamed dim sims.
And the after dinner whiskey was great.
Red.