Monday 7 October 2013

Tomato and Basil Pasta with Prawns (by G)

This was planned as a quick meal and turned out to be just that - less than 30 minutes. The original plan was to use penne, but I thought - rather than buy yet another packet of pasta I should use one of the half packets we have in the haunted pantry... it turned out to be elbow pasta.  In the spirit of using leftovers I thought I should also use some of the various herbs we had in the vegetable drawer of the fridge.

So, I fried off a diced onion and some shallot and some garlic - then added some leftover anchovy butter and a couple of extra anchovies. We also had some leftover prawns so I chopped them into little pieces and overcooked them to perfection. Some wine was added, because that seemed like a good thing, then some part full tins tomatoes I'd been storing in the freezer. Once this had reduced a little I added some packet Parmesan, added the pasta, sprinkled in the chopped herbs and topped with some more cheese.

Cheese and seafood? Why not?

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was exactly what I felt like for dinner tonight. So comforting after a big weekend of chores. The nuggests of prawn didn't bother me on iota.