Tuesday 15 October 2013

Lazy Tortillas (by G)

In the morning I remembered that we do not currently have a tortilla press and, being a lazy kind of fellow, I decided to get some packet flour tortillas instead of hand rolling my own.  A couple of minutes in the microwave and - bam! you've got tortillas.

I also copped out and got a can of refried beans that were reheated and ready to serve.  I couldn't find plain pork mince at the supermarket so I went with the closest thing I could find - a pork and beef mix. This was fried then liberally sprinkled with paprika, garlic powder and cumin powder then simmered in chicken stock 'til it thickened up again.

I did try to do something different with the salsa. I roasted a red capsicum in the oven then skinned it and blended it up - instead of getting a smoky flavour it went a bit bitter... too bad... to that I added finely chopped red onion, cucumber and coriander along with some lime juice. I managed to slice my thumb while admiring my fine cutting skills so I nearly put more of myself into this meal than I'd intended...

No comments: