Thursday 24 October 2013

Spaghetti Marinara (by Biggs)

A lot of people who read this blog comment on how lucky I am to eat so well living with my brother. But, for once, tonight eating well was thanks to me.

Cooking seafood makes me nervous but tonight I decided to go for it and made a marinara. G tells me that marinara means 'sea creatures' and sea creatures we ate. I suspect G's Italian is a bit sketchy but fish, prawns, squid, mussels and scallops were cooked in a tomato sauce with wine, chili, lemon and parsley and thrown over a spaghetti.

I've watched enough cooking shows to know that seafood should be cooked in water as salty as the sea......or maybe that's pasta. To be on the safe side I went with both.

I usually do a pretty good job of over-cooking seafood and pasta but tonight I worked really hard not to. And, had success!

I rewarded myself with the left-over wine.

1 comment:

G said...

I don't much like fruit in evening meals, 'frutti di mare' are 'ottima frutta' (and tomatoes, while technically a fruit, are always excellent). I think Biggs should occasionally cook all the time.