Tuesday 29 October 2013

The Full Miso (by G)

I've had miso in many forms but it is never very filling. We have quite a bit of sirloin in the freezer so I thought it would be nice to coarsely mince it and add it to something - suddenly there's a way of making miso a meal.

So I par boiled a potato and a carrot, chopped the beef up, seasoned it and fried it with some left over shallot and coriander, independently fried some shimeji mushrooms, steeped some yakisoba noodles in boiling water... then mixed it all up with some packet miso soup.  There was a shortfall in flavour so Biggs and I added some  surprisingly-mild-homemade-scorpion-chilli-sauce and some ketjap manis. That did the trick - flavour all the way through.

Miso, it rhymes with please-o - I don't think that is a coincidence.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Now, don't get me wrong....this was an excellent dinner. I really enjoyed the meat and flavour (post-flavour adding) and noodles but I have two questions:

1) What's with this oversupply of sirloin G keeps referring to? Did it fall off the back of a truck?

And,

2) It's Tuesday....where are my tortillas???