Monday 28 October 2013

Seafood with Beer Battered Vegetables (by G)

We had a bit of salmon in the freezer so I decided to use that for dinner, there wasn't much though so I also got some prawns. I was thinking oven fries for a side but then decided that, while potato is a vegetable, it might be good to get a bit of variety so I got a mix of the coloured stuff. Vegetables healthy - yes, normally - coated in a beer batter and deep fried, probably less so.

The salmon was fried, glazed with miso, soy sauce and honey then oven baked. The prawns were fried in oil and butter and garlic.  The vegetables (potato, cauliflower, carrot and beans) were par-boiled then coated in a mix of plain flour, corn flour, baking powder and beer then deep fried.  I also did a sauce of egg yolks, olive oil, peanut oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, capers, parsley and coriander.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

I really liked the crispiness on all of this.

The miso, soy and honey glaze was delicious.

I hope the vegetables do good things to me.

G did a good job of the tartare.