Friday 4 October 2013

Sausages and Tarts (by Biggs)

I don't know why G still lets me cook dinner once a week. I'm totally crap at it. I'm always very concerned I'm going to bitterly disappoint the household when I'm in charge of dinner so, this week, I decided to manipulate G's emotions with his favourite sausages to convince him I should still be allowed to step foot in the kitchen.

I was going to do sausages with a trio of healthy salads. I'm not sure what happened to that plan but I spent a bit of time on the Internet today and the next thing I knew I was making tomato tart things. The pictures of them with the recipe were a lot more dainty but after a couple of Friday night beers that went out the window too.

I almost ruined the whole thing by accidentally glugging truffle oil over everything but the tarts were tasty enough. They were puff pastry, parmesan, onion and garlic fried off, slices of tomato, chopped basil and mozzarella. The sausages were.....sausages.

1 comment:

G said...

I like sausages, we had sausages... so I'm happy. Tomato and basil and cheese are a classic combination and puff pastry is an excellent vehicle.