Wednesday 23 October 2013

Steak Sandwich and 'Chips' (by G)

I've been thinking about having a steak sandwich all day - unfortunately by the time I got home I was feeling a bit under the weather and didn't much feel like eating.  I'd bought all the stuff required though so I pushed ahead.

Another drawback I discovered when I went to make the sandwich is that, rather than get a nice sourdough loaf of bread, I'd bought a pumpkin loaf. I sampled a piece - it was too dense and dry to make a good sandwich so I had to drag my ass to the corner store to get a 'white loaf'.

For the steak sandwich I fried a couple of steaks (naturally) - thin cut sirloins.  I also fried some short cut bacon and shallots with cognac. Other toppings included tomato, home-made chilli sauce and 'swiss style' cheese.  Normally I would have had steak-house fries with something like this but, to stave off death, I had vegetable sticks - the garlic aioli was scratched because I couldn't summon the energy, instead I used some left over vinaigrette.

The sandwich was excellent - a perfect balance of all the fillings. 

Biggs is out saving the world today so stay tuned for her evening meal.

No comments: