Friday 18 October 2013

Sushi Train (by G)

Biggs is out of town this weekend and after a day of rain I didn't feel like cooking for myself so I went to the best place for a person dining alone - a sushi train.  There is always so much to occupy you at a sushi train that other people are generally a hindrance to the important business of eating.

While the place I went to is not the best sushi place in a city of a million sushi places but it is spectacular in one particular respect... it is a 5 minute walk from my front door.

Shown below are the items I ordered from the menu - Gyoza, Karaage Chicken and Salmon Sashimi (which regular readers will know is the last thing I want to eat before I succumb to mortality).  Not shown are the plates from the train - Seared Beef, Crumbed Pork, Lobster Roll, Chicken Teriyaki, Ebi Shrimp (I think it's called), Cucumber and Avocado, the weird one with the tinned tuna that I find strangely satisfying and Seared Salmon.

All the train items were good, the gyoza were standard, the karaage chicken was pretty fatty and not too flavourful and the salmon sashimi was a bit haphazardly sliced, never-the-less I could have gone on eating and eating but John Lennon's 'Nobody told me there'd be days like these' came on over the speakers and he told me '...they're starving back in China so finish what you've got' and I took that as my cue to leave (though I don't think that was John's point exactly).


No comments: