Thursday 10 October 2013

Crumbed Pork and Apple Salad (by Biggs)

I promised G a decent dinner this week so figured fried, crumbed pork might be the way to go. I dismissed this plan almost immediately because it seemed like a whole lot of effort but, when a better idea didn't present itself I was stuck with it. Also, G mentioned we had a stick of celery and this recipe mentioned celery. Serendipitous. 

For once I was pleased with my lack of imagination because fried, crumbed pork really is very good. I got the meat mallet out, double-crusted the pork with panko crumbs (because that's the law), fried it up and threw it in the oven to finish (because regardless of what every recipe says two minutes on each side doesn't cook pork through).

G isn't keen on fruit in salads.....or fruit in anything at all really, but he dutifully tucked into a salad of spinich, celery, apple, lime, cider vinegar, brown sugar and olive oil. The sauce on the pork is Dijonnaise mixed with cider vinegar. 

The whole thing was quite sweet and apple laden but pork loves apples and apples love pork.... more law right there.  

1 comment:

G said...

Feeding someone fruit for dinner is a sin against nature. Luckily Biggs distracted me with some perfectly cooked pork covered in a nice brown crispy coating.