Wednesday 22 October 2014

Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Vegetable Medly (by G)

I wanted to wrap something in bacon today and chicken is the obvious choice.

To ensure the chicken was cooked I first steamed it, then marinated it for a bit in a mix of reduced soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sriracha and minced garlic, the wrapped it in some middle bacon and oven roasted it.

For nutritious reasons I also slow fried red onion, mushrooms, carrot, and asparagus. Once all those vege were tender I added some butter and corn flour then chicken stock and a dash of soy sauce to make a bit of a gravy.

When I was plating up I realised I had blanched some little potatoes earlier - I had meant to roast them but forgot, so I just added them as they were as a starchy side.

Dinner turned out pretty well - not complicated but plenty flavourful.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Definitely flavourful and quite delicious. I was particularly pleased about the nutrients as, last night, the blood bank threatened it could no longer take my blood if I couldn't make it a little healthier. Bring on the lentils.