Wednesday 29 October 2014

Pea, Ricotta and Ham Pasta (by Biggs)

All I knew about dinner tonight was that it was going to be easy and from my 'Healthy Cookbook'. I decided on pasta (because what's easier than pasta?) and did the old 'pick a number between x and y' game with G. This is the page I ended up on.

My week has been a little discombobulated so G very generously agreed to get the 4 ingredients I needed on his way home from work - basil, lemon, ricotta and ham. I had a bunch of partly used packets of pasta at home to use up and a bag of peas and that's all that was required.

The pasta was cooked and the rest was whizzed up and stirred through. Dinner was quite delicious. G was impressed that it had no 'real cheese' in it. Little does he know that I used the opportunity to also use up some packet cheese dregs from the freezer.

1 comment:

G said...

This was damn tasty, I ate more helpings that an man ought be entitled to.

Note my super fine palate that can detect the difference between real cheese and ricotta.