Friday 3 October 2014

New Brisbane Noodle and Rice (by Biggs)

I hung out at Bonnie's house tonight and she'd suggested we get a curry for dinner. After we assessed my recent meals - Indian for dinner, Indian for breakfast, Indian for lunch - we decided to go with noodles instead.

Bonnie knew of a new noodle place that had opened up near her house so we went with that. We couldn't resist the allure of the charming name: "New Brisbane Noodle & Rice". Yep. And, with the brilliant byline of "Healthy Noodle Low in Fat" we were convinced.

We ordered a few dishes to share and some steamed dim sims. Char Kuai Teow (flat rice noodle with pork, shrimp, egg, veges and a dark soy sauce), Com Chow Mein (crispy noodle with beef, pork, chicken, veges and oyster sauce) and.....ummm, one with egg noodles. I'm perusing the take away menu after the fact and can't quite work out what the third dish we ordered was. The menu is a list of 50 meals with only slight variations on the noodle, meat, vege, sauce combos so it's tricky to pick one from the bunch.

I must admit, my expectations were low but, boy, they were blown out of the water. Dinner was delicious. Turns out any combo of noodle, meat, vege, sauce is pretty great!


After dinner we had a slice of 'apple continental' cake and a cup of tea. It's pretty rare I have cake and tea, in fact I can't remember the last time I had it but I can see what the old ladies are on about. A lovely way to top off dinner. Thanks Bonnie!

No comments: