Saturday 11 October 2014

Salt and Pepper Tofu (by Biggs)

Tonight, I'm preemptively using up what would have been some left-over tofu. I'm not a big tofu fan but there is one dish I really like - salt and pepper tofu. To make it I figured you just dust the tofu in salt, white pepper and flour then fry it but given I have very little tofu experience I thought I should look it up to be on the safe side. I found a Neil Perry recipe and figured he knows what he's talking about.....and he does. He suggested dusting the tofu in salt, white pepper and flour then fry it....which I did.

The vegetables are pak choy, capsicum, carrot and broccoli. They were fried up with some oyster sauce, a touch of soy and some sesame oil. 

The tofu didn't super thrill me but it does make a great carrier of flavour.....and, let me tell you, salt and pepper is flavour

No comments: