Friday 10 October 2014

Pork and Oysters (by G)

I arrived in Busan, South Korea in the early afternoon and immediately got down to the job of scoping out dinner.

There were many promising opportunities (one restaurant had a picture of a cartoon pig licking it's lips and giving the thumbs up - that's quite an endorsement).

In the end I saw a picture outside one place of roast pork slices and oysters - it was mostly the pork that appealed to me but the not-oft-found combination of pork and oysters was irresistible.

In the photo outside the restaurant it looked like a normal sized plate with a lot of pork and a small bowl of oysters - turns out it was a jumbo plate with an enormous amount of pork and not a bowl but a sickeningly huge mountain of oysters.  The problem with South Korea is that most of the really interesting food is designed to be shared by 4-6 people and I am only one people.

I won't lie to you, I did not eat all the food shown below. I ate all the pork - it was super delicious. I at most of the sides (except for one of the chillies and some lettuce). I drank all the beer (though it was a bit of a struggle).  I did not go anywhere close to eating all the oysters, I called it quits after about 15. Needless to say, there were a lot left. I tried to hide them under the remaining lettuce but I don't think anyone was fooled.

Great meal - too many oysters.


 
Biggs' holding page for this posts said "G has been sending through photos to the blog when he can on holidays.....between drunkenness and lack of interwebs. I load them up as they arrive and when I saw this photo I genuinelyl exclaimed outloud: "Holy Shit".

Holy Shit!"

No comments: