Saturday 18 October 2014

Steak with Pan-Asian Waldorf Salad (by G)

It's been a while since I've cooked so I decided to keep it pretty simple. Steak and Salad. Ideally I would have liked to have individual steaks for Biggs and myself but the smaller steaks were not great quality or different sizes, so I went with one jumbo steak - 400 grams, which is about the correct amount of steak for two people. I just seasoned it, pan fried it, then rested it on a bed of minced garlic and coriander.

For the salad I combined shredded cabbage, carrot, coriander, chilli, apple, toasted walnuts and spring onions then dressed it with a blend of Japanese mayonnaise, soy sauce and sesame oil.

For no particular reason - other than the fact that I wanted to eat blue cheese - I added some cubes of blue cheese to the plates.

I thought the salad dressing could have been more flavourful otherwise it was a pretty good meal. The cheese was excellent.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

The cheese was excellent. I'm sure the rest of dinner was excellent too but I can't stop thinking about the blue cheese.