Tuesday 28 October 2014

Chorizo Tortillas (by G)

Some time ago I was twiddling about on the internet looking for tortilla ideas and saw 'Chorizo Tortilla'. I didn't look into it at the time but had stored it in the back of my mind so that when, once again, I was looking for tortilla ideas last week it was at the top of my list.
 
Unfortunately they were referring to Spanish tortillas (the things made with eggs and set in a pan) so I improvised. I've made fresh chorizo before and remember it being pretty good and thought it would translate to a tortilla pretty well so I did that.
 
The chorizo is simply pork mince with a blended mix of chilli flakes, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. A lot of garlic and a lot of paprika - I cut down the amount of chilli so as not to kill Biggs. Surprisingly the chorizo did not need to marinate for any length of time - it's pretty much good to go as soon as it is made.
 
I made a bit of a pickling liquid using cider vinegar and sugar and quick pickled some cucumber, red capsicum and red onion because I thought that would go well with the chorizo.  I also made a bit of a sauce by blending garlic and coriander into sour cream.
 
These tortillas were pretty awesome, the chorizo turned out almost perfectly - a little salty for my taste but not inedible so. If I could only summon up the energy to make my own flour tortillas again...
 

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Boy this was good. It reminded me of a time when I didn't have to cook and every dinner was a delicious adventure.

To salty? What does that even mean....unless of course you're talking about my recent Old Bay Spice disaster.