Thursday 9 October 2014

Lamb and Sweet Potato Pie (by Biggs)

I was in the mood for a pie, but a pie with a twist so made this little lamb and sweet potato concoction.

I fried off some garlic, onion, lamb mince and sweet potato and added in some peas and all the leftover coriander and parsley I had in the fridge. Spices included were turmeric, coriander seeds and paprika....we seem to have run dry on cumin which I guess isn't surprising.

G had some filo pastry in the freezer I thought would work but I suddenly noticed a big claim on the front of the box that said "DO NOT FREEZE". Turns out they were right, by the time it defrosted it had also disintegrated into one million crumbs. Luckily, I had some puff pastry available too.

I don't know, my expectations were pretty high so I'm not sure if my disappointment in the resulting pie is justified, but - it was real. Real disappointment.

No comments: