Thursday 30 October 2014

Chorizo Burgers and Potato Gems (by G)

I'm not an idiot... when I made fresh chorizo for tortillas the other day I made sure I made more than enough fresh chorizo so it could be used in something else. That something else was chorizo burgers.

Biggs and I saw 'Man Discovers Food' the other day and one restaurant had a secret off-the-menu burger that had all their menu items on it - I decided to do something similar.

The burger has leftover coriander and pickles from the other night and some fried red onion and red capsicum because I had them.

To make the burgers extra special I also added a thick layer of cheddar cheese spread - awesome.

The potato gems are a healthy alternative to oven fries - probably....

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Yes, this was good good.

I went out for a work lunch today so could initially only eat half my burger. For the next hour I was picking away at the potato gems and when I was ready to finish my burger I looked down and it was gone. I must have been picking away at the burger too......damn it!