Saturday 4 October 2014

Beer Soup and Cheese (by Biggs)

I saw Jamie make beer soup a while back and it peaked my interest. I looked up a bunch of different recipes on the interwebs and just went with what I could remember when it came to making it. I fried off some garlic and onion then cooked it down in a broth of beef stock and beer for an hour before adding sugar, salt and pepper. Not much to remember in the end really. It was pretty special but had a bit of an odd bitter aftertaste.


Then I had some cheese. It's a long weekend and they are worth celebrating. The only way I know how to celebrate is with cheese. It's difficult to make a cheese platter for less than four people so now I'm very very full of cheese. There was camembert, blue and pate and I freshened it up with some carrot and snap peas.

No comments: