Wednesday 15 October 2014

Spare Ribs and a Potato (by Biggs)

I was determined to do better at feeding myself this year while G was overseas. And I think I did really quite well for the month. Last year was pretty slim pickings so this year I tried a little harder and wanted to end on a high. And, what's higher than pork spare ribs? Well....nothing....but, the grocery store was all out so I went with beef spare ribs instead.

They were marinated overnight in maple syrup (because it needs to be used), tomato sauce, soy sauce, chili powder, garlic and ginger. I also threw in a few of the tortilla leftovers....some lime juice, coriander and fried onion / capsicum mix because I figured it couldn't hurt.

When I got home from work I used my usual cooking method. Throw them in a hot oven, drink a bottle of wine, once the wine's done they'll be cooked to perfection. And they were!

The only problem was that I planned to serve the ribs with potato and peas but I was distracted drinking wine. Once the ribs were ready I ate them and put a potato in the oven. Once that was ready I ate that and forgot about the peas. 


No comments: