Sunday 19 October 2014

Duck Caesar Salad (by Biggs)

I meant to make myself a Caesar Salad a couple of weeks ago but only got around to it tonight. I wanted it to be a little different so decided on a duck theme. I don't think I've ever cooked duck before and I didn't do wonderfully tonight but I did follow all the rules. Cold pan, render out the fat, turn, cook for a handful of minute, put in a hot oven for a larger handful of minutes, rest rest rest.

The rest of the salad was cos lettuce and a pre-made dressing, Parmesan cheese, capers, pepper, garlic bread, bacon cooked off in the left-over duck fat and poached egg. I've never had much poached egg success but tonight went quite well.

According to Wiki, Caesar Salad is often served table-side. Since we don't have a dining table I decided against this step.

1 comment:

G said...

Tonight's dinner was a cornucopia of great ingredients - and some lettuce. I thought the eggs were especially well poached.