Sunday 19 May 2013

Bacon and Eggs (by G)

It is Biggss's birthday today and she requested bacon and eggs.  Rather than just making bacon and eggs as requested I decided to do the other thing... which is always something I regret when I'm mid-way through.  At least I didn't go for a dozen courses this year.

As shown below we had boiled hens egg topped with bacon, onion and gruyere. Tempura egg yolk on a nest of bacon. Also teriyaki bacon and quail egg skewers.

The gruyere was probably not the correct choice - it thickened up very soon after coming off the heat. My tempura was too thin and didn't stick to the yolk well, then I over cooked it.

Those things aside I am pretty happy with how things turned out. Quail eggs are naturally awesome and bacon is always good.  I'd like to get the tempura egg yolk correct at some point in the future.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

There's no better way to celebrate your Birthday than with bacon and eggs. This meal was fucking excellent....my favourite part being the crispy bacon nest. There was also some champagne which really eased the Jazz Club hangover pain.

Today...man won!