Sunday 5 May 2013

Salmon and Salad (by G)

I thought (for once) I should make a meal that will contribute to our healthfulness rather than the opposite.

The salad comprises shallots, tomatos, carrot, cucumber, asparagus and snowpea shoots overdressed with Sheldon's salad dressing from the other night.

Based on conventional wisdom I dropped the salmon into a superhot pan and burned the skin instantly.  Salmon sashimi is my favourite thing in the whole world but if it's cooked I like it cooked through so I did that.

The other side is the rest of the shallot sweated off with cabbage and apple cider vinegar - to offset the tartness I added a large spoonful of newly delivered home-made tomato relish (thanks to Fiona!).

1 comment:

Biggs said...

At dinnertime I was still full of amazing backyard pizza oven goodness from lunch at a friends place so this healthful dinner was perfect. The salmon was super tasty!

It's rare that there is a healthful dinner in our household so when it happens you have to make the most of it. The only leftovers are a mix of cherry tomatos so I'm going to go and make the most of them right now!