Tuesday 28 May 2013

Pork Carnitas (by G)

Yet another variation on the tortilla - this week carnitas.

Basically it is cubed pork slow cooked for 8 hours in a liquid of paprika, cumin, onion, tomato paste... some other things I don't quite recall because I pre-cooked it on the weekend.   Today I fried it off to get some colour and crispiness.  Despite all the preparation (not 'love', I can not stress enough that this meal was not made with love) the pork was a bit bland.

Luckily the sauce was super flavorful - green chilli, coriander, garlic, tomato, oil and lime juice blitzed together with diced red onion and extra coriander added afterward for texture.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I very much enjoyed these. They tasted authentico which was super satisfying.

I just read that carnitas literally means "little meats". Turns out I loooove little meats.