Wednesday 1 May 2013

Chicken and Pasta* with Chorizo Sauce (and extra chorizo) (by G)

*the pasta was shit...

My original idea was to make fettuchini with chicken and chorizo. The pasta dough was beautiful, then I couldn't find the handle to the pasta machine or the bench clamp - also I remembered that the bench clamp is broken so I switched gears... big mistake.  My new idea was to make orecchiette out of the dough - but I made it too thick and it just wouldn't cook.

My next mistake was to burn the presentation slices of chorizo while discussing ladies reproductive problems.

In a perfect world this would have been fettuchini with a sauce of carrot, capsicum, tomato, basil, onion, chorizo and garlic with a nicely cooked piece of chicken and crispy slices of chorizo on top... maybe next time...


1 comment:

Biggs said...

So, I was watching Top Chef whilst eating this and admittedly G would have been kicked off the show for a number of reasons with this dish:

1) The pasta
2) Burning the chorizo
3) Overcooking the chicken
4) The pasta

But, he also knows his judges. Things I liked about this dish:

1) Using chorizo
2) Overcooking the chicken to my exacting standards
3) Perfect amount of chilli and tastiness
4) That it has resulted in a oven tray of chorizo and chicken fat being placed in our freezer for future use. I can't wait.

This dish was fucking tasty (can I say that in this time slot?!)