Wednesday 22 May 2013

Pho (by Biggs)

My friend Fi is heading to Japan for a couple of weeks so we decided to celebrate by going out for Vietnamese. I did give her the option of Chicken Omelette Rice at our favourite Himawari but I guess given she can do it properly next week in Japan we went with Quan Than instead.

We had a great entree of dim sims and rice paper wraps followed by a not so great pho. It was advertised as spicy pork and beef pho but wasn't so spicy or very porky. I was almost desperate for pho because it's rainy and freezing cold and I've been left still desperate for pho. The most disappointing part was that the usual rice noodles found in pho had been inexplicably replaced with, what seemed to be, spaghetti.

Sigh. I wonder if there's any Shepard's pie left over.



No comments: