Monday 13 May 2013

French Dipped Sandwich with Poutine (by G)

This was a request from the North. From what I've seen on 'Man vs Food' a regular dipped sandwich is dipped at the start and served but I have a dread of soggy bread so I was pleased to find that you can dip your own table side.

It's pretty basic - perfect for a Monday.  Buttered baguette filled with left over roast beef with a dipping broth of roasting juices and some packet beef consume.

I wasn't sure what would go well with a dipped sandwich - Biggs commented that we've hit a rich vein of chips lately so I continued the trend with poutine, traditionally the chips are topped with cheese curds but I substituted with bocconcini.



1 comment:

Biggs said...

My fear of soggy bread is no where near as great as G's but I'm still not a fan so was really surprised how much I enjoyed this. The bread soaked up all the beefy beefiness of the stock so it was almost like roast beef sandwiched between two pieces of roast beef. Brilliant.