Thursday 30 May 2013

Zucchini Slice (by Biggs)

I had a moment of genius this week when I thought zucchini slice might be a good vegetarian option. Problem #1 was that I hated zucchini slice as a kid so wasn't really looking forward to eating it but I hated mushrooms when I was little too and was wrong about that. Problem #2 was that zucchini slice, of course, has bacon in it but decided to replace it with sun-dried tomatoes.

The slice has zucchini (surprising), carrot, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, flour, dried basil, eggs and about a bucket of cheese. It was tasty. I served it with a simple Greek salad because it's not vegetarian night without at least two types of cheese involved.

G said that zucchini is the turkey of the vegetable world. I don't know what that means but he's probably right.


1 comment:

G said...

I was half way through eating dinner tonight and thought, "Yeah, I could be a vegetarian if I absolutely, positively had to"... it was that good.