Monday 6 May 2013

Cowboys Breakfast - for dinner (by G)

I don't know if it is a real thing but Biggs and I occasionally have what we call a cowboys breakfast of baked beans, tinned potatoes and sausages.  This is a dinner version - inspired by laziness.

The beans are left over from the porky stew the other day, as are the chipolatas, the potatoes were cooked in butter then fried off with some salt, pepper and thyme... the healthy streak (if you can call one night a streak) is officially over...


1 comment:

Biggs said...

I am very fond of cowboys breakfast because we used to have it when we went camping. And who doesn't love tinned potatoes? The porky stew leftovers made great baked beans and the potatoes were deliciously crispy.

I had a quick look and there are definitely references to the meal on the internet but ours must be a 'house rules' version. I like our version.